I may be Canadian, but that doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate this American tradition in my own, unique way. I also think it is time to give thanks. However, since this is clearly a Sports blog, I have decided to let all of you know what I am thankful for as it concerns to the wide (or Walders) world of sports.
– I am thankful that the Detroit Lions are 7-3, making today’s game with the undefeated Green Bay Packers actually relevant.
– I am thankful for Houston Texans RB Arian Foster (740 Rushing Yards, 6 Touchdowns, 440 Receiving yards, 2 Touchdowns) returning from an early season hamstring injury and giving me winning Sundays in 2 of my Fantasy Football leagues.
– I am thankful for Tim Tebow……wait, did I say Tim Tebow? I meant Tim Tebows girlfriend. ———>
– I am thankful for the late Raiders owner Al Davis. Without that great man, the NFL wouldn’t be what it is today. R.I.P Al.
– I am thankful that the NFL isn’t the NBA.
– I am thankful for Madden NFL 2011 for the Xbox 360. The only place where Chris Johnson rushes for 100 yards anymore.
– I am thankful for Sunday NFL Countdown being 3 hours now. More football on my Sundays is never a bad thing.
– I am thankful that the Boston Red Sox had such an epic collapse at the end of the season. Ditto The New York Yankees and their early playoff elimination. Just goes to show that money doesn’t always buy you championships.
– I am thankful for the Toronto Blue Jays new jerseys. I love the new…I mean old look.
– I am thankful for being able to see Albert Pujols hit 3 home runs in one World Series game. Reggie Jackson anyone??
– I am thankful for Derek Holland and his Harry Caray impressions. Nothing makes me smile more than a good Caray impression.
– I am thankful for the return of Sidney Crosby to the ice after being out of action for 10 months. The NHL wasn’t the same without its best player competing.
– I am thankful for the Toronto Maple Leafs hot start this season. I am not getting my hopes up just yet, but 2 points out of first place a month into the season is something I will not complain about.
– I am thankful for Don Cherry. Regardless if you agree with his opinions or not, he says what is on his mind, and I find that refreshing. He will never change. Get used to it.
– I am thankful for the return of the Jets to the great city of Winnipeg. No one was watching the Thrashers in Atlanta, so it was really good to see them moved to a city that loves and appreciates hockey.
– I am thankful for……..ummmmmmmm…….hmmmmmmmmmm……NOTHING! I will be thankful once David Stern, the players and the owners get there respective acts together and come to some sort of deal. It is time to end this Lockout. I miss Basketball!
– Well, if I have to come up with one thing in the NBA that I am thankful for, it is the Miami Heat failing to win the NBA Championship this past year. Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh….better luck next time. When I say “better luck next time”, what I really mean is “I hope you never, ever win a NBA Championship”. That felt good to write.
– I am thankful for the return of The Rock, at least for a little while. His return shows how weak the talent roster is these days. He’s still got it.
– I am thankful for the emergence of good, young talent in Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes. The future of the WWE is in good hands.
– I am thankful for C.M Punks shoot promo on Monday Night Raw. It gave the WWE a much needed shot in the arm, at least for the summer months.
– I am thankful for Chael Sonnen. If the UFC gig doesn’t work, I am sure he has a future as a WWE promo man.
– I am thankful for Ariel Helwani. Check out his youtube channel. I appreciate a journalist who knows how to pull off good interviews on a regular basis.
– I am thankful for Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua. One of the greatest MMA fights ever? I think so.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!